In what is being described as a "disturbing" encounter with the toll-free Obamacare hotline, Fox News' Jim Angle said Friday that after giving the Obamacare call center operator his name and address, the representative came back and identified him as a member of the media.
Making matters worse, Angle said he called from an unlisted number and gave his personal cell phone as the number.
"How did they know?" he asked. "I have no idea but he wouldn't answer questions."
In another tweet, Angle said he was told "an advanced resolution specialist" would contact him in two to five business days.
"That will be interesting," he said.
"Perhaps the 'Advanced Resolution Specialist' will be able to explain how they knew you were in Media," one person told Angle on Twitter.
Newsbusters' Tom Blumer said that based on the way Angle told his story, the only way the call center operator could have determined he was a likely media member was by "cross-checking his given address against an existing list or directory of media members' home addresses."
"If that's the case ... Wow. Talk about paranoia," Blumer added.
"So the site seems to be more successful at identifying reporters than explaining the options and signing people up for health insurance," Angle said in his on-air summary, according to Blumer.
Blumer also wondered how the media would have handled story if the same thing had happened to a member of the establishment press during the Bush administration.
"I daresay it would have gotten noticed by the likes of the New York Times and the Associated Press," Blumer added.
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Sebelius denies Obama broke promise that Americans can keep current insurance
- Top Democrat admits: ‘We knew’ Americans would lose their health care under Obamacare
- WH website still promising you can keep your health insurance
- Dem Rep. John Lewis: Opposition to Obamacare is racism
- Obama admin knew of policy cancellations for years, claims ACA not responsible
- Video shows 19 times Obama lied about reducing insurance premiums by $2500 per year
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare 'crown jewel of socialism'
- John Conyers: Obamacare "platform" to socialized health care
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Boeing to cut back on health care thanks to Obamacare
- Five most memorable Democratic House quotes of 2010
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Mike Lee are 'terrorists'
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?