The holidays are long over and there are some who are trying to keep up with their New Year's Resolutions of getting healthier. One way to accomplish a healthy goal is to take place in a marathon. During Disneyland's Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, runners, joggers and everyone will be a part of this memorable experience. This event will occur from January 16th until January 19th. There are different events for everyone so ready....set...Go!
Never Land Family Run 5K at Disneyland Friday, January 17th at 5:45 am
- Join Tinker Bell and Peter Pan as they kick off the Tinker Bell Marathon Weekend! This event allows for runners of all ages to join. This is a great way for a family to run through the streets of Disneyland. Race participants will receive a 5K Finisher medallion, a T-shirt and more! www.examiner.com/node/add/story
Tinker Bell 10k at Disneyland Resort Saturday January 18th at 6:00 am
- This 10k is estimated at 6.2 miles and will take runners throughout Disneyland Resort. There will be Disney characters and entertainment on-course as well as participants receiving a special 10k Finisher medal, iGiftbag among other prizes.
Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party at Disney California Adventure's Stage 17 Saturday January 18 6:00-8:00 pm
- This event is the opportunity for runners to load up on much needed carbs with a delicious buffet dinner. Disney characters will make appearances and will be available for photos and autographs. Load up your plate with healthy vegetables and pasta for the big race!
Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland Resort Sunday January 19th 5:00 am
- This is the big run! Tinker Bell, Peter Pan and other Disney characters are hosting this 13 mile Marathon! The Tinker Bell Half Marathon will have amazing sights as runners go through Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney and through the streets of Anaheim. There will be a Family Reunion area at the finish line along with Disney characters. Participants will receive items such as the Tinker Bell Marathon mesh bag,iGiftBag, a Champion Long-Sleeved Tech Shirt and a Finisher Medal.
Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Expo at Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall
- 2:00pm-7:00pm, Thursday January 16th
- 10:00am-7:00pm Friday January 17th
- Saturday January 18th 10:00am-5:00pm
- According to the runDisney website
During this three-day Expo celebration, you'll also be able to check out the latest in
Offical Tinker Bell Half Marathon Merchandise, and get a sneak peek at the latest in
fitness apparel, footwear, sunglasses, high-tech gadgets, and nutritional products.
This is the area where runners will be able to pick up their race number and packet pick-up.
A Limited Edition Medal
There are many enthusiastic runners who will be participating in both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California and the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Participants of these races will receive a pink edition of the Coast to Coast Race Challenge Medal. This is a piece just for those who had been a part of these races.
- Be sure to stay hydrated! Drinking water is the best thing you can do before, during and after your running experience. This will prevent dehydration and heat exhaustion.
- Remember to warm up for a good run! This will raise your heart rate and minimize stress on the heart. Cooling down is necessary to allow the heart rate and blood pressure to gradually fall. A warm up and cool down also minimizes muscle soreness.
- Invest in good running shoes to prevent injury and ensure comfort. Imagine having to run in uncomfortable shoes! Make sure that they fit your foot type and running style. According to the about.com website, "Also, make sure you don't run in worn-out running shoes-they should be replaced every 300-400 miles." Be sure to wear comfortable clothes for the environment you are running and don't wear things too constricting.
For more information go here.
"COAST TO COAST CHALLENGE." Coast to Coast Race Challenge. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Jan. 2014. <www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge/>.
"Disneyland Health & Fitness Expo." Disneyland Health & Fitness (29-30 August 2014),,Anaheim,United States Of America. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Jan. 2014. <www.biztradeshows.com/disneyland-health-fitness/>.
"DisneylandÂ® Half Marathon Weekend." runDisney.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Jan. 2014. <www.rundisney.com/disneyland-half-marathon/>.
Luff, Christine . "7 Key Running Tips for New Runners." About.com Running & Jogging. N.p., 8 Jan. 2014. Web. 16 Jan. 2014. <running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/tp/runningtips.htm>.