This article is part of the Disney World’s FastPass+ System featuring tips and tricks to using the new system. In this article we will look at what you can expect when returning to a ride during your assigned time. Knowing what to expect, will help speed up the time you wait before getting into the FastPass+ return line.
Each pass you get is good for a total of one hour after your initial return time. For example, if your FastPass+ states you are to return to Space Mountain at 6 p.m., you will have until 7 p.m. to use it, or to change it to something else.
Upon returning to the attraction at your designated time, you will be directed to a shorter line just for FastPass+ holders. You will be asked to validate your return time with your MagicBand or card. Once verified, you will continue to the attraction’s pre-show and/or boarding area.
Should the attraction you are returning to ride have technical issues, Disney will do one of three things. What is done, will depend greatly upon the situation and time of day:
1. If its early, you will have a chance to return to the attraction at any time during the day after it reopens.
2. Disney will allow you to choose another attraction to replace it.
3. If it is late in the day, Disney will give you another selection that is good at any park on the following day.
Other tips to keep in mind when using the new FastPass+ system include:
- Arrive to the parks early to have a shorter line at the FastPass+ in-park terminals
- Plan out your FastPass+ plans on paper before you are able to make them online or at the park
- Try to make all of your FastPass+ return times prior to your arrival at the parks
- Return times can only be made at one park per day - this is extremely important if you plan on park hopping
- Plan all of your return times to be early in the day, because once you have used them all, you may receive an additional selection
Hopefully these tips have helped you get the best possible usage out of your FastPass+ when visiting Disney World.