The temperatures in New York are forecast to go above freezing for the first time in days, but it's all about Frozen at the movie theaters. That's because today the hit Disney flick is being re-released as a sing-along version, complete with song lyrics on screen.
Audiences can follow the bouncing snowflake to get the words right, singing along with Anna, Elsa, Hans, Olaf, and Kristoff right in the theater. It's the perfect practice for your big YouTube debut.
Frozen, now heading for its 10th week of release, has now made more than $810 million worldwide, and is now the highest-grossing animated film ever, excluding re-releases (it had to beat Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo for that spot). Having moved back into the 4th-place spot at the box office this past weekend, fan appreciation for this film shows no sign of cooling.
Some New York City-area theaters showing the Frozen sing-along include:
- Regal Battery Park Stadium 11: 102 North End Avenue, New York, NY
- Regal Union Square Stadium 14: 850 Broadway, New York, NY
- Regal E-Walk 13: 247 W 42nd St, New York, NY
- UA Court Street Stadium 12 & RPX: 106 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY
- Kent Theatre: 1170 Coney Island Avenue, Coney Island, NY
- UA Sheepshead Bay 14 IMAX & RPX: 3907 Shore Parkway, Brooklyn, NY
- Linden Boulevard Multiplex Cinemas: 2784 Linden Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY
- Concourse Plaza Multiplex Cinemas: 214 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY
- UA Kaufman Studios Cinema 14: 35-30 38th Street, Long Island City, NY
- Regal Atlas Park Stadium 8: 80-28 Cooper Avenue, Glendale, NY
- College Point Multiplex Cinemas: 2855 Ulmer Street, Whitestone, NY
- UA Hylan Plaza 5: 107 Mill Road, Staten Island, NY
Nearby New Jersey:
- Columbia Park 12: 3125 Kennedy Blvd, North Bergen, NJ
- Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas: 339 River Road, Edgewater, NJ
- Frank Theatres - South Cove Stadium 12: 191 Lefante Way, Bayonne, NJ
- Starplex Cinemas Ridgefield Park Luxury Cinemas 12: 75 Challenger Road, Ridgefield Park, NJ
Visit Fandango.com or your favorite movie theater ticket seller for tickets.