Disney has released a brand new app, and it is going to bring joy and magic to everyone anywhere. The app is called "Disney Movies Anywhere," and the Disney Parks Blog officially announced its release on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014. It's new, it is ready to try, and it is free.
Users can link the app to their Apple iTunes digital store and get a free copy of "The Incredibles."
For those that have a vast collection of Disney DVDs and Blu-rays already, don't think they are obsolete. The app actually recognizes the codes that have enabled digital downloads of Disney movies since back in 2008.
It even allows you to access movies from the "Disney Vault" that are unavailable for purchase at the current time.
This app is honestly the best thing you could have for those long car or plane trips to Walt Disney World. On your way to all the magic, just have all the movies you'll need downloaded and your kids will be entertained for the entire trip.
Here are the official instructions on how to get and use the Disney Movies Anywhere app:
- Download the free Disney Movies Anywhere app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (iOS 7 or higher). You can also sign up through DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com. Create an account -- in some cases you can use your existing Disney website credentials such as Disney Infinity, Disney Movie Rewards or ESPN -- to log in and get started. (Right now, Disney Movies Anywhere is only available in the U.S. and account holders must be at least 13 years of age.)
- Immediately, any Disney Digital Copy codes you’ve previously registered with a Disney Movies Rewards account will show up in your new Disney digital movie locker through Disney Movies Anywhere.
- Follow the simple steps to connect your iTunes account to your Disney Movies Anywhere account, and eligible titles you previously purchased from iTunes or redeemed in iTunes with a Digital Copy code will be accessible in both your Disney Movies Anywhere locker and your iTunes account. This is also how you get your free digital copy of The Incredibles -- by connecting your iTunes account.
- Do you have any previously unredeemed Disney, Pixar or Marvel Digital Copy codes floating around in the DVD or Blu-ray cases on your shelf? You can register eligible codes in Disney Movies Anywhere to expand your digital collection -- you’ll also earn Disney Movies Rewards for these and for any digital purchases made through iTunes going forward.
- Commence downloading, streaming, browsing and buying! You can download a movie to up to eight devices at a time, and you can stream simultaneously on two. You can also explore exclusive original content in the Disney Movies Anywhere app or website.
For all your Disney news, check out DoctorDisney.com.