If you happened to buy the PS3 version of Disney Infinity this weekend, you may have experienced issues with the game locking up, which likely have led to moments of frustration. This issue is a known problem and Disney Interactive is well aware of it. On Aug. 18, Disney released a statement on the game’s official Facebook page offering an explanation as to why Disney Infinity is locking up on PS3 and a solution to avoid the title locking up in the future.
The reason Disney Infinity is locking up on PS3 is related to a network issue tied to the game’s day-one Disney Infinity 1.01 patch, Disney shared in the official statement. Furthermore, Disney shares a fix to the lock up problem allowing users to play Disney Infinity without worry.
"This is not a software-related issue, and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Players with the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity are still able to play single-player and multi-player co-op modes of the game by removing the patch and turning off their PlayStation's network communications."
Full steps on how to remove the Disney Infinity patch 1.01:
1. Go to the Game menu of the XMB
2. Open the Game Data Utility folder (near the top of the list)
3. Highlight the Disney infinity icon with the characters background (this is the patch)
4. Press the triangle button on the wireless controller
5. Select the delete option
6. When asked “are you sure you want to continue?”, select YES
Patch is now deleted.
To turn off network communication
1. Go to the Settings menu of the XMB
2. Open the Network Settings menu (last on the list)
3. Select Internet Connection
4. Highlight “Disable” and press the X button on the wireless controller
Network is now disabled
Disney Infinity saw release on Aug. 18 for Wii U, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360.