Disney Infinity launched on the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Wii Sunday but the Sony's console was struck with a freezing issue caused in part by a day one patch. The developers revealed a temporary work-around for those affected until a new patch can be deployed.
Disney Interactive narrowed the issue down to a network issue related to the 1.01 patch that was released along with the game Sunday. The developer said on a Facebook post that this is not a software issue with the game but they are working on getting this fixed as quickly as possible.
Until the new patch is released, Disney Infinity players on the PS3 can still play the single-player and local co-op portions of the game by deleting the 1.01 patch and disabling network communications on the console.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to remove the patch and disable the PS3's networking capabilities.
To remove the patch:
1. Go to the Game menu of the XMB
2. Open the Game Data Utility folder (near the top of the list)
3. Highlight the Disney infinity icon with the characters background (this is the patch)
4. Press the triangle button on the wireless controller
5. Select the delete option
6. When asked “are you sure you want to continue?”, select YES
Patch is now deleted.
To turn off network communication
1. Go to the Settings menu of the XMB
2. Open the Network Settings menu (last on the list)
3. Select Internet Connection
4. Highlight “Disable” and press the X button on the wireless controller
5. Network is now disabled
Meanwhile, those that are looking to get the most of their money with Disney Infinity should check out this launch week guide.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.