December 29, 2013
Create your own colorful cupcake liners for your next party. These dip dyed cupcake liners cost a fraction of the cost of colored ones sold in stores and are great way to add a pop of color to your baked goods.
- Add a small amount of water to the bowl and add food coloring to create the desired color. Mix the food coloring into the water to fully mix in the dye. Repeat this step for the amount of colors desired, with each color being in a new bowl.
- Dip the top of the white cupcake liner into the colored dye. The longer the cupcake liner is left in the dye the darker the color will be. Place the dyed cupcake liner onto the newspaper to dry.
- Repeat dying the cupcake liners until all are done.
- All the cupcake liners to become fully dried to the touch, the time will vary depending on how long the cupcake liners were left in the dye and how thick the paper is, on average it should take between 30 minutes and 1 hour for the cupcake liners to dry.
- Use the dip dyed cupcake liners as you would normally use them such as for muffins or cupcakes.
- White cupcake liners
- Food coloring
- Water Bowl (one for each color)