Media Photo provided by American Bank Center,
Based on the award-winning BBC Television Series, 'WALKING WITH DINOSAURS – The Arena Spectacular." is now on tour in North America and will present 3 performances in November at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, TX.
Internationlly renowned designers have worked with scientists to create 15 life-sized dinosaurs such as the Tyrannosarous Rex, the Allosaurus, the Brachiosaurus, and more to get a glimpse of what life was life like during their 200 million years of domination on earth.
The theatrical show depicts the dinosaurs’ evolution from the Triassic to the Cretaceous period, complete with the climatic and tectonic changes that took place, which led to the demise of many species, including the Tyrannosarous Rex.
With almost cinematic realism, among the things the audiences will be amazed at include:
- The realistic interactions depicted in the show. From the way the dinosaurs interact with each other to the story of how carnivorous dinosaurs evolved to walk on two legs and how the herbivores fended off their more agile predators, the show makes it seem very real.
- The actual sizes of the dinosaurs used in the productionl. The largest is 36 feet tall and 56 ft from head to toe.
- The sounds, lights, and animatronics which help set the scene during earthquakes, volcanoes, the movement and roars of the dinosaurs themselves, and the comet that eventually hits earth.
The audience in the show become witnesses, per say, to the story of of the dinosaurs survival and eventually extinction on earth.
To tell the story of the dinosaurs as accurately as possible, the producers created the role of Huxley, the Paleontologist who takes the audience through this incredible 200 million year journey. His script has been verified by real Paleontologists and approved by the BBC who produced the award winning TV series “WALKING WITH DINOSAURS” on which the theatrical show is based. Because of the true to life events that happen in the theatrical production, the event itself is excellent for families wanting their children to get an educational, historical, and entertaining account of this period on earth.
Homeschoolers in particular, have a great educational and theatrical venue in Corpus Christi to take their kids to that will not only be of value but also fun. Prior to visiting the show, homeschoolers can download the Education Kit found on the Dinosaurs Live website and the Activity Pack found on their 'Meet the Dinos' page also on their website.
The show is scheduled to be at the American Bank Center for two days only:
- November 10, 2009- 7:00p.m.
- November 11, 2009- 10:30a.m. and 7:00p.m.
Tickets to the event can be purchased by calling (800) 745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster. Group sales can call (361)826-4754 for more information.