Bring the flavors of Sicily home with a delicious pizza bread right from the oven.
Instead of making the traditional Sicilian style crust, use a French bread loaf that’s approximately two inches thick and fresh.
1 French bread loaf cut open and sliced in two
2 tablespoons of goat cheese
1/4 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of minced red peppers
1/4 cup of green bell peppers (sliced thin)
1/4 cup of minced red onions
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1/4 cup of pitted black olives cut in halves
1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (minced or diced)
4 Roma tomatoes (cut in quarters)
10 cherry tomatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup of sunflower oil
1/2 cup of white wine
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 tablespoon of fresh minced parsley flakes
1 tablespoon of minced bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice off ends of tomatoes to remove stems and place to the side.
3. Place fresh French bread slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Lightly spread Extra Virgin olive oil onto each slice; sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Preheat a frying pan on medium heat; add sunflower oil.
6. Saute red and green peppers with garlic in the frying pan for approximately three to five minutes.
7. Mix in and sauté onions with garlic pepper contents; set to the side.
Prepare the sauce:
1. Use a blender; toss in cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, bay leaves, parsley flakes, oregano, white pepper, and wine.
2. Sprinkle a half teaspoon of salt and nutmeg into the blender.
3. Use pulse settings to blend ingredients together until sauce appears chunky in texture; do not liquefy contents.
1. Spread goat cheese on French bread slices.
2. Place an even amount of sun-dried tomatoes on bread; layer with Parmesan cheese.
3. Layer top of cheese with sauté vegetables.
4. Top with sauce then add mozzarella cheese.
5. Last step, top cheese with an even helping of black olives and place in the center of the oven.
6. Bake pizza bread for five minutes at 425 degrees; adjust temperature to broil.
7. Broil bake French bread for one to two minutes until cheese appears light golden brown; remove from oven and serve.