After enjoying a wonderful dinner at a restaurant in Santiago, Chile, the honeymooners grew impatient waiting for the bill. As time went by he began to think the restaurant had very poor service. Why did they not get a check?
a) The meal had already been paid for.
b) They never asked for the check.
c) They were too young; the restaurant was waiting for someone older.
d) Dessert must be ordered before check is delivered.
To see the answer, click here.
This is part of a series focusing on marketing mistakes designed to challenge marketing professionals to carefully think through their marketing campaigns. It is used by permission from Max Impact, a Rochester Hills, Mich., based business and talent development website filled with complimentary information.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Additional Diversity Resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Diversity by the numbers
- “Three Cups of Tea”: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
- “35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say”: Surprising Things We Say That Widen the Diversity Gap.
- “50 Activities” for Promoting Communication and Understanding at Work: The Diversity Training Activity Book
Other articles and white papers of interest: