The Children’s Health Fund (CHF) in Manhattan is seeking a digital communications manager to assist with the creation of the digital profile of this national organization. CHF provides access to healthcare and advocacy for America's most vulnerable children.
The position, which reports to the senior director of strategic communications, will oversee CHF’s web and social media properties, managing content and technical aspects of the organization's digital communications activities and outlets. The position will help maximize institutional goals, attract financial support and support the medical professionals in CHF's national network.
A key deliverable for the digital communications manager is the re-launch and promotion of the Children Health Fund's new website plus the planning and execution of the strategic expansion of the organization’s digital footprint.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee the operation of a Drupal website. Maintain content, permissions and requests, and troubleshoot issues that develop.
- Manage creation and posting of content, including design of original graphics, drafting of brief commentary and managing search engine optimization of content.
- Oversee current social media properties. Monitor all digital properties, monitor and report on web and social media traffic, and analyze results that lead to recommendations for improving performance.
- Work with consultants to acquire new still images and videos for use in communications materials.
- Design routine print and digital materials and collateral.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required. Design degree highly desirable. Two to five years of experience as a digital graphic designer, social media manager, or frontend website manager.
- Excellent oral communications, writing, editing, proofreading and research skills.
- Experience with Drupal and Convio.
- Understanding of social media and experience managing day-to-day content posting and interactions with followers.
Visit Idealist.org for more information about the digital communications manager position at the Children's Health Fund and the application process.