Just a few days after BlackBerry's successful launch of their BBM software for the Android and iOS platforms, news is coming out today that casts some serious doubt on the validity of the app's reviews.
The reviews read:
"Thank you so much blackberry team. I was waiting [sic] this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth."
One reviewer accidentally posted a bit more than intended, starting his review with:
"Dear Mr Ahmed, please post the following comment on the new BlackBerry Messenger APP..."
The fact that more than 10 million people downloaded BBM during its first 24 hours in the Android and iOS stores was a welcome bit of good news for the struggling mobile device maker. However, faked reviews could mean serious trouble for BlackBerry. Samsung was recently fined $340,000 for hiring people to post fake reviews of competitor products.
NOW READ THIS...
- White House fires staffer for inappropriate Twitter account
- 10 million download BlackBerry Messenger for iOS and Android on launch day
- Netflix: 'Orange is the New Black' is our most successful original show
- Enjoy this disturbing video of Bill Gates dressed as Austin Powers
- BlackBerry announces hot new apps for BB10
- Watch Steve Ballmer's bizarre 'goodbye' to Microsoft
- Is it time for Bill Gates to leave Microsoft?
- Dell jumps back into the tablet market with major push
- Stunningly beautiful time-lapse video from inside GTA 5