Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. - Romans 12:2 AMP
The bible provides a very clear description on true transformation. Yet for many, authentic transformation can be difficult. Renewing our minds is not simply "changing" our thoughts, but actually putting off the old, negative thoughts as well as putting on God's Thoughts.
Deciding to change and have a true transformation (tear down, root out, pluck up, and destroy old thoughts, beliefs and attitudes) is the most ambitious choice that any person can make. It is the most rewarding and faith-filled action step that person can do. This empowering choice enables one to take center stage of their life and begin to operate in the fullness of God.
Practical Approach for Transformation
According to the free dictionary.com, transformation can be defined as "the act or an instance of transforming. The state of being transformed. A marked change, as in appearance or character, usually for the better.
Your power to choose the direction of your life allows you to reinvent yourself while powerfully influencing the rest of creation. Transformation beginning with your mind followed by a renewed spiritual focus strengthens your faith and cultivates passion.
Over the next couple of days, I will provide 10 areas that will assist you with your personal transformation. Each area will provide awareness and insight affirming your freedom your personal possibility and potential. As you embark on this five day journey, get in agreement with God for spiritual rejuvenation, mental transformation, and alignment with His ultimate vision for your life.
Transform the way your think and transform what you see!
- Belief lifts your vision - Do you have a limiting belief system working against you? Have you allowed wounds of the past to hinder your God given destiny? Do you often succumb to daily woes of life? Has your faith muscle been challenged so that the word of God has little effect in your life? God is bigger than every giant you face and He desires to show His miracle working power through YOU!
- Mark 5:36 (NAS): But Jesus, overhearing what was being spoken, said to the synagogue official, "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe."
- Psalm 119:66 (NIVR): Increase my knowledge and give me good sense, because I believe in your commands.
- Mark 11:24 (CJB): Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, trust that you are receiving it, and it will be yours.
- 2 Corinthians 4:13 (NIV): It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 (NAS): For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
- Hebrews 11:6 (NIV): And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
- Hebrews 11:1 (AMP): Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
- Ephesians 3:16-19 (NIV): I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
2. Passion energizes your vision- Do you have a passion for what God desires? Have you given up Godly passion for self-gratification? Or do you lack the belief that can use you to an incredible work in your community?Consider the Prophet Elijah. Elijah confronted 850 false prophets on top of Mount Carmel. He was one man with passion who was fed up with the apathy of his own people and wanted to prove to them that the Lord was the true God and deserved their commitment. His passion enabled him to confront the false prophets, call down fire from heaven, and direct the people back to God.
- Esther 4:14: New Living Translation (NLT) If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?”
- Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV) For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Exodus 31:3 (NIRV): I have filled him with the Spirit of God. I have filled him with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.
- 1 Timothy 4:12-14: (NIV): Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
- Romans 11:29: (NIV): for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
- 1 Corinthians 1:5 (NIV): For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge —
- Proverbs 21:5 (NIV): The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.
- Ecclesiastes 2:10b (NLT): I even found great pleasure in hard work, a reward for all my labors.
- Romans 10:11 (NIV) As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.
Do you feel empowered to refocus what you believe to be true about your self and who you serve? I pray that you are encouraged and grow greatly over the next ten days with a renewed passion to transform your life. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below of what God has begun to do in your life as you commit to His vision for your life. Remember, your testimony liberates others and gives them power to walk into freedom!
Declare Fear is far from you and that your faith grows stronger and stronger each day. Declare that your faith in the miraculous power of God is growing stronger that you believe all that God has for you is done.
Father I thank you for the life changing power that you have given me through the transforming power of my tongue. Today I confess that my mind will be alert and that I will only use my tongue in ways that edify, encourage, and create on behalf of the Kingdom of the Almighty God. As a warrior and servant for the Almighty, all powerful God, I come against every force of the devil that would bring strife, contention, disputes, conflict, gossip, discord, division and dissention into my life and ask that you cause destructive demolishing winds to blow into the enemy’s camp that cause confusion so that no weapon formed against me shall prosper.
I choose to live a life of excellence; I cancel old unproductive habits, thinking patterns that violate the nature of Jesus Christ and declare that my mind is fertile ground for the word of God. I establish a brand new culture in my home that serves Jesus Christ; an environment that is purpose driven and operates in divine excellence. Let your word go forth this day in my life; thy Kingdom come, thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven in the name of Jesus Amen.
"PURCHASE" Simply Me: Taking Off the Mask Through Effectual Prayer, by Kerri Herndon today on Amazon to identify distortional thinking and thought patterns that are keeping you bondage. Learn powerful techniques to destroy strongholds and keep yourself accountable to the word of God.
“SUBSCRIBE” to the Sacramento Christian-Living-Examiner so you don’t miss any articles from Coach Kerri (Kerri Herndon).
"SUPPORT" need additional support with personal challenges? Send Coach Kerri an email for prayer counseling or life coaching.