Skip to main content

See also:

Devastating fire kills nine pets at California residence

One dog saved from fire
One dog saved from fire
screen shot via KTLA News

According to KTLA News, there was one surviving pet in a devastating house fire which swept through a Reseda, Calif., residence on Monday afternoon.

Minnesota, a three-year-old Chihuahua, was suffering from smoke inhalation when fast-acting firefighters administered CPR and fitted her with an oxygen mask - thanks to their efforts, she is expected to make a full recovery.

Three dogs and six cats were not as fortunate - the pets all suffered from smoke inhalation and could not be saved; their family is said to be "devastated."

Firefighters believe that the fire, which broke out in a converted garage, started from some type of electrical failure.

Continue reading: Terrified dog tries to hide beneath kennel door at animal control facility

If you would like to continue receiving the latest animal related news, tips and advice, please click the "Subscribe" icon which is located near the top, left portion of this column. It is free and anonymous to sign up.

Follow the National Dog News Examiner on Facebook and Twitter!

I am human - if you see a typo, please let me know. Questions, comments or story ideas can be emailed to Eims1@live.com. Please note - due to the heavy volume of emails received, I am unable to respond to each and every request, but they are all appreciated!