Detergent was served, not soda, in an apparent mistake at McDonald's. A McDonald's customer in China ordered a soda, but received a cup filled with detergent instead. According to a report late Tuesday night (Feb. 5), one of the employees left a cup filled with detergent on the front counter that a customer gave to his girlfriend.
The results were not good, as the woman "immediately felt a burning sensation and became ill." She was understandably rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with erosive gastris. While her long-term prognosis has not been reported on, this sounds like it could be pretty bad. The basis definition of erosive gastris is that it erodes the stomach lining and decreases the stomachs ability to protect itself.
There was also a rumor that the McDonald's store was not willing to admit fault at first, but that eventually an employee did admit to the mistake. While the man and woman have not commented on the possibility of filing a lawsuit against McDonald's, this seems like a case that the restaurant should be worried about going forward.
The one question that some customers might ask themselves about this case is why the customer didn't detect that detergent was in the cup and that it was not soda.
DUI Given Out In Walmart
Prison Guard Pregnant By Cop Killer
She Got a Face Tattoo After One Date?
Couple Wins Lottery Twice
Teen Gives Judge The Finger