Author's note: I received travel and accommodations to Daytona Beach to view their family-friendly offerings. All opinions are my own. This is the second in a series of articles to highlight the best family-orientated things to see, do, and eat in Daytona Beach.
The Shores Resort and Spa is a prime example of the posh side of Daytona Beach. It is luxurious without the pretense. It has a calm, relaxed vibe but is probably a little trendier than one might have thought would be in this area. The staff are the kind of people that even when they are in a hurry, they never seem to be rushed. There may not be many "y'all's" thrown around, but The Shores feels decidedly southern.
The Shores is a luxury Florida beach hotel nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Inter-coastal Waterway, offering killer views and uncrowded beaches. The area also boasts family friendly parks, great restaurants and shops conveniently located nearby.
Families will love the direct beach access, the complimentary s'mores kit and open fire pits, the Shores Kids' Activities Center, and the complimentary DVD and beach and board game libraries. The resort has many connecting rooms perfect for families and offer deals as low as $99/night. For a little "me" time, moms can get away to the Spa, perhaps for the hot bamboo massage, a Vichy shower, or just a relaxing pedicure in the Mack Daddy of pedicure chairs.
Spend days at the carefree beach and nights relaxing in the heavenly four-poster beds, and a visit to The Shores is sure to make everyone happy.
See more about Daytona Beach's family-friendly fun here.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The breakfast buffet is only $14.95 and included steak on a recent visit. Getting a good protein packed (and delicious breakfast) is key for a day in the sun.
- The Shores offers free wi-fi for all guests!
- There's a cute playground just off the beach and next door to the hotel for some dry land play.
- Getting away without the kids? Splurge on a couple's massage. The couple's spa room includes a shower big enough for two and a double wide claw foot tub. Very sexy.
- Leave the stilettos and black tie outfits at home. There are very few (if any) places one can't go in flip flops. It's the beach after all!
- "Like" The Shores on Facebook. They offer some great deals available to their "fans" that aren't listed on their website.