A twist on an old Apple Dumpling recipe that uses crescent rolls. These Cranberry Apple Waffle Dumplings use, as the title implies, waffles. A convenient food easily kept in the freezer. Eggo waffles make these dumplings a family favorite.
Cranberry Apple Waffle Dumplings
4 Eggo Homestyle Waffles or your favorite
4 pre-sliced green apple slices or 1/2 green apple cup in quarters
1 - 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 quarter cup cranberry apple juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Remove waffles from freezer and thaw, around 5 minutes.
3. In small saucepan, heat brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon until melted.
4. Grease 9x5” loaf pan.
5. Rinse and pick through cranberries.
6. Fold sides of waffle to make a rectangle.
7. Place one apple slice on one end of waffle
8. Roll apple slice and waffle down and place in greased loaf pan, seam side down.
9. Put cranberries on top and beside waffles.
10.Pour melted sugar mixture over apple filled waffles.
11. Pour cranberry apple juice on each side of waffles.
11. Cook in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes.
12. Wait 10 minutes before serving.
13. Serve with extra cranberries over top. May be topped with ice cream or whipped topping.