November 1, 2009
Serve in large brandy snifters or glass bowls
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- 1 cup espresso
- 4 tablespoons of banana schnapps
- 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- 8 slices or 16 small slices of zucchini bread
- 12 lengthwise sliced pieces of grilled zucchini (approximately 4 medium zucchini) grill prior to assembly of tiramisu, cooled and well drained of liquid. Zucchini after grilling and chilling exudes liquid.
- Spiced Walnuts (for garnish)
- Whip 1 cup of the heavy cream into stiff peaks, refrigerate while completing the next steps. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, or to taste.
- In a separate bowl, whip the mascarpone cheese, the roasted garlic and 3 of the 4 tablespoons of banana schnapps. Set aside.
- Place a layer of the zucchini bread in the bottom of the brandy snifters and sprinkle liberally with the banana schnapps and espresso.
- Layer the sliced grilled zucchini over the zucchini bread, reserving half of it for the next layer.
- Take the refrigerated whipped cream and fold into the cheese mixture. Spread 1/2 of the mixture over the zucchini bread.
- Repeat with another layer of zucchini bread sprinkled with banana schnapps and espresso.
- Layer with the remaining grilled zucchini.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture over the top.
- Take the reserved 1-cup of whipping cream and the remaining tablespoon of banana schnapps and whip till soft peaks are formed.
- Spread mixture over top of cheese layer.
- Chill tiramisu for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with Spiced walnuts.
Serves 4 as an entrée or 8 as a side dish or appetizer