Another way to get an apple a day into everyone at home is with a crispy, sweet and lightly tangy dessert. A warm dessert is quite different from one that is room temperature or that came straight out of the freezer. It is a more elegant dessert that takes time to eat making the dinner hour last longer. That means more time to sit together and enjoy family time and much need conversation that busy schedules make difficult on most evenings.
- 4 cups of sliced apples
- 1/3 cup of flour
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350’.
- Place all the apple slices in a baking pan and sprinkle them with the lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients together with a fork until the butter coats everything and the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Spread the crumpled topping over the apples and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake in the oven fo4 30-35 minutes or until apples are softened, just firm and the topping gets a crispy light golden brown coloring to it.
- Remove pan from oven and spoon out into individual dessert dishes or into a serving bowl and serve warm.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: