"Ginger-roasted shrimp and sea bass..."
In spite of the automatic tax cuts, popularly known as sequestration, that have ceased all White House tours as well as immediately halting all education benefits for young men and women joining the Armed Forces, a tie-and-tails attired Chief Executive attended last night's famous Gridiron Club dinner, as reported by the Los Angeles Times on March 9, 2013.
Nattily attired at the white-tie affair, Obama yukked it up in regards to the sequestration:
"Because of 'sequester,' they cut my tails.
There is one thing in Washington that didn’t get cut: The length of this dinner.
Yet more proof that the sequester makes no sense."
The liberal-leaning Huffington Post blog gushed about Obama unleashing his "inner funnyman" with other quips such as:
- "Just the other day, I had to take [Vice President] Joe [Biden] aside and say, `Joe, you are way too young to be the pope. You can't do it. You got to mature a little bit.'"
- During a pause in his remarks, Obama took a long, slow sip of water and then said, "That, Marco Rubio, is how you take a sip of water."
- Obama also mocked criticism from some quarters that he takes time off from his job. "We face major challenges. March in particular is going to be full of tough decisions. But I want to assure you, I have my top advisers working around the clock. After all, my March Madness bracket isn't going to fill itself out. And don't worry – there is an entire team in the Situation Room as we speak, planning my next golf outing, right now at this moment."
In spite of heartbroken children who now cannot tour the White House, and new enlistees to the Armed Forces getting their education benefits pulled out from under them, the Commander-in-Chief saw fit to joke:
"My joke writers have been placed on furlough."
Let Them Eat Sea Bass...
During the Gridiron Club dinner, about 650 guests feasted upon a menu that included:
- Ginger-roasted shrimp.
- Sea bass with vintage port sauce.
- Fruit and berry salad.
- Petits fours with the Gridiron Club logo.
Planes Falling Out Of The Sky And Horse Meat In My Cheeseburger...
For the weeks leading up to the Republican-tagged and Democrat-fueled "scarequestron" rhetoric, as earlier covered by Examiner.com:
- "This meat-cleaver approach . . . will jeopardize our military readiness [and] eviscerate job-creating investments in education and energy and medical research."
- Cuts in federal spending "could" force reductions in food inspections, which "could" lead to outbreaks of more food-borne bacteria, such as E. coli.
- Administration officials and their allies are making similarly alarming claims regarding what “could” happen to workplace safety, law enforcement, and education.
Regardless of the apocalyptic warnings from the Obama Administration, that didn't slow them down from recently burning through tax dollars on spending that Republicans have deemed wasteful and frivolous.
Also previously reported by Examiner.com, the White House is also spending millions of taxpayer dollars new uniforms for TSA employees, a rather sizable pay raise for the director of the now ceased White House tours, official White House calligraphers, and most notably, an upcoming First Family vacation to the very exclusive stomping grounds of the super-rich, Martha's Vineyard.
If you like with this article, please forward it to family and friends.
Please click on the "SUBSCRIBE" button above to receive e-mail updates whenever new articles are published.
To become a writer for Examiner.com, please click here - http://exm.nr/y8utl8.