When it comes to choosing the best protein powder, the choices can seem overwhelming. What's promised in the marketing materials as "yummy in a glass" can turn out to be more like "yucky in your blender." After trying a variety, we've found our favorite brand in Designer Whey. It's a great way for low carb dieters to enjoy protein power.
What we like: You get premium natural whey, which is naturally flavored and sweetened. Low in calories (100 for the gluten-free certified and kosher powder) and big in taste, Designer Whey contains both protein and prebiotic fiber, shown to boost your metabolism and promote fat-burning in studies. Our favorites:
- French Vanilla protein powder from Designer Whey contains 18 grams of protein. It's flavorful and ideal for mixing up a smoothie with fresh berries or almond milk. Get more information about French Vanilla Designer Whey by clicking here.
- There are times in life when only something chocolate will do. Now we've got a new, healthy solution to answer that need: Designer Whey's Premium Whey Protein Powder, Double Chocolate flavor. Scrumptious with almond milk, it also has just 100 calories and 18 grams of protein, plus prebiotic fiber. Get more details about Double Chocolate flavor by clicking here.
- Like your protein powder plain and simple? With 19 grams of protein, 100 calories and 3 grams of fiber, that's what you get in DESIGNER WHEY 100% Premium Whey Protein Powder, Plain & Simple.
- When you're traveling, shopping, dashing to an appointment or at the office, you don't have time to make a shake. But you do have time to bite into a delicious 160-calorie Designer Whey bar in flavors like Designer Whey Protein Bar, Triple Chocolate Crunch (click for details). One bar has 10 grams of protein to keep your energy strong and your metabolism humming smoothly.
- For those who are lactose intolerant, some protein powders can pose problems. Now there's a new one that's 99% lactose free, with a 50:50 soy & whey combination (no genetically modified soybeans): Aria Women's Protein Supplement, Vanilla, with just 90 calories and 14 grams of protein. Get more information about Aria protein supplement by clicking here.