When contracting for home improvement services, it is important to choose wisely. You should get a fair price, great quality and excellent value.
1. Cost effective planning, design and permitting
2. Design, engineering and building within a budget
3. No finger pointing. The contractor, designer and structural engineer all work together.
4. The ability to value engineer before construction starts.
5. Efficiency in dealing with field conditions.
There are many design and remodeling firms to choose from. When interviewing, here are some questions to ask:
1. What is your design experience?
2. Do you have a licensed architect on staff?
3. How will you present the design plans?
4. Will there perspectives and renderings provided?
5. Are we (the homeowner) an active part of the design process?
6. Will there be a project manager to oversee my project?
7. How do you handle changes and do your projects finish on budget?
8. Are you known for completing projects on time?
The best way to check out home remodeling firms is by online reviews and directly calling references. Reviewing websites will tell you a lot about companies too.
Every design build remodeler’s overhead is different. Take note of the number of staff and decide if you really need to pay for interior designers an expensive design center and all the administrative costs.