Visit Denver revealed the much anticipated list of Denver restaurants Wednesday Jan. 15, 2014 that will be participating in the 2014 two week culinary adventure known as "Denver Restaurant Week."
Each year the top and newest Denver restaurants compete with one another to create the best deal to attract the biggest crowd at their eatery during this foodie extravaganza. You will need to forget your diets for a week folks, skip those expensive Valentines Day dinners out and save yourself for the first Denver Restaurant Week scheduled for Feb. 22 through Feb. 28, 2014. There will be another week this year Aug. 23 through Aug. 29.
The price for this years restaurant adventure has gone up a tiny bit from $52.80 a couple to $60. We are sad to see that iconic Denver number go.
Scharf said the slight price increase was necessary to maintain quality of menu selections. “We’ve held the same price for nine years, and while it’s hard to lose the fun of the $52.80 price point, it was necessary for the restaurants. The new price will allow chefs to get creative again and offer dishes and portions that better represent their normal fare.”
Some restaurants procrastinate each year so if you don't see your favorite on the complete list below be sure to give them a call to see if you can persuade them to join in the fun.
Remember to tip generously during this special deal as the wait staff is working hard to give you an optimum experience at half price.
Denver Insider Tips:
- You can reserve at the restaurant directly or use OpenTable.com.
- If there are no openings at your chosen eatery keep checking back, people cancel and change their reservations.
- Make your reservations quickly as the top Denver restaurants fill up.
- Next year you can make your reservations as soon as the dates are revealed which is usually in November. Just go to OpenTable.com and chose those dates during 5280 Restaurant Week and mark it in the notes section.
- Some of the restaurants also serve the same menu for lunch, check with them when you call.
- Several restaurants offer the same special deal but don't want to pay to be on the DRW website. Have a favorite not on the list? Give them a call and find out if they are offering a special menu.
Follow the Deals Examiner at @JustAskChrissy on Twitter and subscribe above.