It seems the Denver Post is not happy with A&E's decision to bring Phil Robertson back, and has decided to brand the Duck Dynasty patriarch a "bigot." On Saturday, the paper called Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson a "hate speech spewer" and a "hater" who engaged in "homophobic and racist comments." The paper also labeled fans of Duck Dynasty, "hate-watchers."
"The network, A&E, has welcomed patriarch and hate-speech spewer Phil Robertson back into the fold. The hiatus that was to be his punishment for homophobic and racist comments made in a GQ interview has been lifted," wrote television critic Joanne Ostrow, who also attacked Sarah Palin and others who support free speech, calling them "hypocrites."
"I’m no theologian, but vile bigoted comments would seem to qualify as unchristian," she wrote.
Ostrow, however, did not publish the comments she claims are "homophobic" and "racist," nor did she provide any context.
Instead, she merely declared Robertson to be a "bigot," apparently counting on a low-information readership to blindly accept her screed without question.
Regular readers might recall that the very same paper scrubbed "socialist" from a description given of the Arapahoe High School shooter, and according to one person on Twitter, published an ad on its front page pointing to an article on growing one's own marijuana.
One person, for example, said "the Homosexual Community and Liberals in general are offended by the mere fact that people who don’t agree with them are even breathing."
That comment is not too far off base, as gay sex columnist Dan Savage once told Bill Maher he wished all Republicans were "f*****g dead."
A number of others called the article unprofessional, while several said they were cancelling their subscriptions.
Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard skewered the paper.
"So some of the fans of Duck Dynasty are 'hate-watchers' and people who believe the Bible doesn't approve of homosexuality are vile bigots and unchristian," he wrote. "Yet calling a killer a socialist at this paper is verboten."
"Pretty clear where the Denver Post stands, isn't it?" he asked.
- Jesse Jackson demands Phil Robertson 'repent', turn from Christian view on gays
- Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
- Denver Post scrubs 'socialist' from profile of Arapahoe High School shooter
- GLAAD melts down, falsely claims Phil Robertson compared gays to terrorists
- A&E lifts suspension, welcomes Phil Robertson back to Duck Dynasty
- Jesse Jackson, GLAAD demand meeting with A&E, Cracker Barrel over Phil Robertson
- National 'Chick-PHIL-A' day event supports Phil Robertson, free speech
- Goodbye free speech: GLAAD seeks to censor those critical of homosexuality
- Despite blowback, GLAAD researching, may target others sponsoring Phil Robertson
- Mike Huckabee: Facebook deliberately censoring pro-Phil Robertson event page
- Facebook smacks admin of Boycott A&E page for getting too many likes too fast
- A&E’s suspension of Phil Robertson proves liberals do not support free speech
- Camille Paglia: Duck Dynasty suspension 'utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist
- CNN's Piers Morgan: First Amendment doesn't apply to 'racist' Phil Robertson
- Boycott A&E movement grows after network suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.