The Denver Broncos finished an amazing, no, an astounding September (2013) with a team record 52 points against the Philadelphia Eagles in week four. Peyton Manning set a record for touchdowns in September with 16: that's 16 touchdown passes in four games. The Broncos scored 179 points in four games which is astounding...their opponents scored 22.75 points/game and were outscored by Denver by 22 points/game. They beat the Philadelphia Eagles, 52-30, on September 29, 2013...it doesn't seem fair.
September 30, 2013: five unbeaten teams remain
The rest of the league has produced four other undefeated teams...did I mention Denver was undefeated. The other unbeaten teams after week four games are the Kansas City Chiefs, the New Orleans Saints, the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots. New Orleans beat Miami on Monday night (September 30, 2013) to eliminate the Dolphins as an undefeated team.
Here are some stats for the remaining undefeated teams after the completion of week four's games...
- Denver Broncos...179 points for/91 points against
- Kansas City Chiefs...102 points for/ 41 points against
- Seattle Seahawks...109 points for/ 47 points against
- New Orleans Saints...108 points for/ 55 points against
- New England Patriots...89 points for/57 points against