Dental hygienist creates new opportunity in the world of health care and dental units due to its multiple directions career and job opportunities. Due to different heights of this modern career, people who become trend in this curriculum get multiple opportunities to work in different places. Nowadays these dental school graduates choose to work in places like hospitals, emergency rooms, laboratories, teaching organizations and even with the international health and research camps. The graduates here get best possible educations and training when they apply to any kinds of accredited institutions.
Job opportunities of the dental hygienist
The dental hygienist schooling gives a numerous directions and training to the graduates for their best possible working procedures in their respective environment. The job responsibilities of the hygienist always vary as per the state laws and those are described below;
• The employed have to take test and screening of the patients in the health centers. They are like their oral health conditions, health history review, head and neck inspections, oral cancer screenings and even the measurement of pulse and blood pressure level in the patient’s body.
• They have to take and develop the dental x-rays.
• Jobs like removing different deposits e.g. hard and soft deposits from the surfaces of the teeth.
• They have to apply preventive materials like sealants and fluorides to the damaged teeth.
• Major times they have to counsel the patients regarding the nutrition and techniques, to fight the germs of oral parts.
• The patients learn different oral hygiene techniques such as; tooth brushing, flossing and knowledge of different oral diseases from the hygienists.
Different advantages of being a hygienist
The syllabus in different dental hygienist schools is designed in such a way that it gives extensive theoretical knowledge along with vast practical knowledge in the field of oral health care services. So these graduates become highly successful in general dental as well as periodontics practices. These people also serve different hospitals, community centers, nursing homes and even the public health clinics.
Here in these graduate schools the students are taught different skills, so that in future they can even work for different career options like business administrations, office managements and even the research programs. Some people even choose to work in sales department of the companies those produce dental related products.
Different career programs
Due to huge demand of this course many universities have started different career programs at different educational level to make the students hygienists. The programs are categorized as
• Under graduate online or regular courses- this includes B.S. Dental Hygiene and B.S. General Studies.
• Graduate online programs- this section includes maximum no. of courses as compared to other disciplines. They are M.S. in dental hygiene, M.S. in human nutrition, M.S. in technology managements.
• Post graduate online or regular programs- this is one of the most advanced versions of the course and it is little bit expensive and durable as compared to other studies. The only course comes under this provision is Chiropractic Continuing education.