Halloween is the one time every year when almost everyone becomes obsessed with the Great Pumpkin! What is our fascination with this fruit (or is it a vegetable)? Well, actually, this fruit packs some powerful, healthy perks; proving that pumpkins just aren't for carving!
Healthy Benefits of Pumpkin
- Boost Your Peepers: A cup of cooked, mashed pumpkin has more than 200% of recommended Vitamin A; which aids vision.
- Whittle Your Middle: Pumpkin is a fiber rich food and with only 49 calories, per one cup serving, it may keep you fuller longer.
- Pumpkin Seeds For Heart Health: Pumpkin seeds are rich in phytosterols; a plant based chemical that reduces bad cholesterol.
- Refuel After Workouts: Pumpkin can help after a workout. Rich in the refueling nutrient, potassium, pumpkin packs more than bananas.
- Beauty Benefits: Pumpkin contains natural skin exfoliating enzymes which "eat" dead skin cells and protects against UV damage.
"I was robbed; I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin when I could have been out tricks or treating...you owe me restitution!" Sally, "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"(Charles M. Schultz, 1967)
"Living Well...one healthy step at a time"