Democrats are known to use anything as an excuse to raise funds, and Sunday's "Million Vet March" was no exception. On Sunday, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee issued a tweet demanding Sen. Ted Cruz denounce "attacks" against President Obama with a link that ultimately went to a fundraising site.
A link went to a page where one can enter his or her email and zip code.
"At a rally led by Senator Ted Cruz, Tea Party activists told President Obama to 'put the Quran down' and marched to the White House with Confederate flags," the website said without offering any proof whatsoever.
Once visitors entered their email and zip code, they were taken to a donation page.
"Some of the people who like to claim to live by the mantra 'don’t blame an entire group of people for the actions of the few' are doing just that again, and all without even knowing who exactly was carrying a confederate flag in Washington, D.C., on Sunday," Twitchy said.
The Twitchy staff was swift and furious in its condemnation of the Democrats, saying the Party doesn't care who it maligns in "their broad-brush smear campaign."
"One jacka*s brings a confederate flag, so opportunists use it to malign this guy. Sorry, not playing your game," one person tweeted with a picture of a veteran with prosthetic legs carrying a barricade on a Segway.
"The Palin-Cruz Tea Partyers are allied with southern confederate flag-waving racists," liberal blogger John Aravosis wrote, according to a post at Politix.
In other words, one Confederate battle flag is enough for Democrats to falsely claim that everyone at Sunday's march is a racist.
Twitchy said the response was so abrupt and simultaneous one would almost think it had been coordinated in advance.
The Democrats, however, did not denounce reports of police brutality against women at the event.
- Documentary filmmaker alleges police brutality at Million Vet March
- Police with batons face off against 'Million Vet March' at White House (Video)
- Million Vets March tear down barricades, storm memorials in D.C.
- Obama admits hurting Americans to score political points against GOP
- Liberals on Twitter call for death of actor James Woods, Tea Party
- Obama signs bill restoring death gratuities Jay Carney called unnecessary
- Video: Allen West calls Obama a ‘pathological liar’, ‘spoiled brat child’
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Rumor claims Obama DOT, National Guard to shut down freeway to stop truckers
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Liberals to Obama: Let Americans feel more pain over budget crisis
- Sign on Ga. military chapel: 'Shutdown: No Catholic service till further notice'
- Democrat votes to arrest military chaplains who minister to troops during shutdown
- House to Chuck Hagel: Don't arrest military chaplains during shutdown
- Obama's armed Park Service uses 'Gestapo' tactics against seniors at Yellowstone
- Park Service: No to vets, yes to immigration rally on 'closed' National Mall
- Amber Alert website down due to shutdown, Michelle Obama's 'Let's Move' site up
- Obama's Park Service kicks owners out of private Lake Mead homes over shutdown
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.