“I don’t trust my government anymore because they lied to me...” - Patricia Smith
The vast majority of the Democrat members of the House Committee investigating last year’s terrorist attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya walked out prior to the parents of two slain Americans were about to testify, as reported by both the Marine Corps Times and Breitbart.com on Sept. 20, 2013.
Prior to Patricia Smith and Charles Woods, parents of Sean Smith and Tyrone Woods respectively, testifying before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee currently investigating the armed assault that killed four Americans and wounded dozens of others at the hands of al-Qaeda allied terrorists on Sept. 11, 2012.
With the exception of the ranking Democrat Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) and Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) every Democratic Party member of Congress assigned to the committee walked out, as below named:
- Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
- Danny Davis (D-IL)
- Gerald Connolly (D-VA)
- Jim Cooper (D-TN)
- John Tierney (D-MA)
- Mark Pocan (D-WI)
- Matt Cartwright (D-PA)
- Michelle Lujan Grisham (D-NM)
- Peter Welch (D-VT)
- Stephen Lynch (D-MA)
- Steven Horsford (D-NV)
- Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)
- Tony Cardenas (D-CA)
- William Lacy Clay (D-MO)
- Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC)
Patricia Smith, mother of slain State Department computer information specialist Sean Smith, related that when the body of her son was returned to the United States she was reassured by Barack Obama, Joe Biden, then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and as well by the past Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the attack was the result of an anti-Islamic video.
Smith also continued by stating that even though doctor’s insisted that she would never be physically capable of bearing children, she eventually did become pregnant with Sean and gave birth to him when she was 38-years-old.
Often times in her life referring to Sean as “my miracle baby,” the understandably heartbroken mother emotionally stated “my miracle was abandoned in Benghazi.”
Smith said that every time she sees television images of the wrecked compound in Benghazi, “I see those bloody fingerprints going down the wall,” she said. “I ask them (do) those belong to my son, and they can’t tell me.”
“They said they would get back to me,” she said. “I don’t trust my government anymore because they lied to me.”
Also testifying was Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, a State Department security officer and former US Navy SEAL was stationed in the CIA annex in Benghazi, when he died in action responding to the terrorist attack.
Woods stated he recognized that there is disagreement as to if or if not there actually was a “stand down” order given to reinforcements, he did testify that there are “very credible sources that Ty and five of his comrades were denied three times. They went anyway."