To listen to the Democratic leadership, it is the Republicans who are in trouble over Obamacare in 2014. In October, at the height of administration’s embarrassment over the discombobulated rollout of Healthcare.gov, DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz insisted that Dems would not only run on the Affordable Care Act in the midterms but win.
Yesterday, Minority House Leader Nancy Pelosi sounded similarly confident at a press conference, telling reporters:
The Affordable Care Act upholds the values of our founders… The legislation and the law is very strong, it sits right there as a pillar of security along with Medicare and Social Security.
Pelosi also played down the significance of the October glitch, affirming, according to the liberal blog PoliticsUSA, that she “has no plans to hide from ObamaCare.”
Someone should communicate the message to House Majority PAC, a Democratic super PAC, that there is nothing to fear but fear itself. The group has cobbled together a TV spot (shown here) for Arizona congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick that praises her for, among other things, “blowing the whistle” on “disastrous healthcare website.” Kirkpatrick is one of a number of vulnerable Democrats up for reelection in November.
NRO’s Andrew Johnson notes:
In Congress, Kirkpatrick has taken steps to distance herself from the embattled health-care law. In November, for example, she was one of 39 Democrats to support Fred Upton’s bill, which would have allowed individuals renew their health-care plans after the law’s regulations required insurance companies to cancel them.
The attempts by Wasserman Schultz and Pelosi to put on a brave face are part of a campaign of denial that has infected the leftmost members of the liberal and mainstream media, who continue to report that all is well in Obamacareland, even as Congressional testimony about security vulnerabilities in the federal online exchange measure the law for its burial shroud.
- Wasserman Schultz: Dems will run on ObamaCare in 2014 … and win
- Wasserman Schultz: ‘Unfair’ to ask for Obamacare enrollment numbers right now
- Expert: Hackers can use Obamacare website to take over your computer
- Stubbornly clinging to the dream of one nation under Obamacare
- Jimmy Kimmel does send-up of Obamacare website mess with mock ad
- California state senator proposes extending government health care to illegals
- Covered California the culprit, again
- Senior Capitol Hill staffers’ Obamacare woes
- Administration lies again, this time claiming 6 million enrolled in Obamacare
- Will IRS bully people to sign up for Obamacare?
- Covered California gave consumers’ contact info to agents without consent
- The Pants on Fire Report: Covered California required insurers to cancel plans
- Despite liberal optimism, 3 in 5 uninsured Americans still give Obamacare thumbs down
- California: The Obamacare success story
- Delusional Dems’ rejoice over misreading of one Republican’s comments on Obamacare
- Libs desperate to prove Obamacare will succeed
- Dems, president can run but they can’t hide from Obamacare
- Are nervous Democrats starting to eye Obamacare repeal?