He told the crowd he sent a letter to Obama Wednesday demanding the president rule like a dictator on the minimum wage.
"We in Congress will try to raise the minimum wage. We got opponents on the other side of the aisle who say that there shouldn't be no minimum wage. So, we are in difficulty fighting these guys," he told the crowd.
"But, we know, at the executive level, an executive order can change the situation. We demand it, right now. Mr. President, sign the executive order. We demand this federal worker work reform, federal contractors. Give the pay raise, the livable, fair wage. Let's do it now. I gave him a letter to this effect, yesterday," he added.
"Sign the executive order," the crowd chanted as Ellison walked off the stage.
The protests, Andrew Marcus said at the Gateway Pundit, were largely made up of SEIU members, unpaid interns, and paid unemployed people.
According to Marcus, they failed to attract meaningful numbers in any of their locations.
In response to the largely astroturf protest, an article at Townhall called for a "Fast Food Thursday," encouraging people to support the industry by eating fast food.
Conservative pundit Dana Loesch tweeted a picture of herself eating a hamburger which, Marcus said, prompted one liberal to wish her dead.
"Hopefully she'll choke," one person wrote.
It's not the first time progressives have demanded Obama bypass Congress and unilaterally rule like a dictator on the issue of the minimum wage.
As we reported Friday, liberals in Congress are prepared to ignore the Constitution while allowing Obama to dictate the minimum wage and other issues, and it seems they're prepared to engage in whatever tactics they feel are necessary to get the job done.
- Liberal Democrats to Obama: Rule like dictator on minimum wage, deportations
- Expert to Congress: Obama's illegal behavior could spark armed revolt
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Retired General calls for forced resignation of Obama, administration officials
- Liberal think tank says President can use military to push progressive agenda
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- Singer James Taylor: Americans need to 'sacrifice' freedom to protect society
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat'l defense
- Retired officer warns: Obama victory may spark civil war
- Texas judge warns of possible civil war, U.N. takeover if Obama wins
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for 'benevolent' Obama dictatorship
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 2
- More liberal Democrats call on Obama to rule like a dictator on the debt ceiling
- Sheila Jackson Lee urges Pres. Obama to rule like a dictator on debt ceiling
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez wants Obama to rule like a dictator on illegal immigration
- Former Pres. Bill Clinton: Obama should use 14th Amendment to bypass Congress
- Democrats call on Obama to bypass Congress and invoke 14th Amendment
- GOP Rep: Obama should be impeached if he tries to usurp Congress on debt
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.