The Washington Free Beacon writes that Brauer tweeted to Amanda Carpenter, a speechwriter and senior communications advisor to Senator Ted Cruz:
May your children all die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases.
Carpenter, who is self-identified on Twitter as the mother of two, had earned Brauer’s wrath by tweeting:
GOP beat gun control, changed Obama's mind on Syria, is holding the line on amnesty. We can defund Obamacare, too!
Brauer reacted in the only way liberals know how when they hear something they don’t like. The go on the attack. In Brauer’s case, the comments he fired back were uncommonly crass. Ten minutes after wishing the Carpenter’s children die a horrible death, he tweeted again:
Busy blocking the tapeworms that have slithered out of hellspawn @amandacarpenter's a**hole. How's your day so far?
Four minutes later he was back at it:
I'm being attacked on Twitter for wishing one of Ted Cruz's pubic lice to experience the pain her boss is inflicting on Americans.
UPDATE: There are two updates to this story. First, Allan Brauer apologized to Amanda Carpenter. He wrote:
Hi @amandacarpenter I am truly sorry for my tweet. I was very upset and lashed out. Your kids are not fair game either. My apologies.
Carpenter accepted his apology, but that changes nothing. The ugly comments are still out there. And the man who issued them is shameful and should be fired.
He won't be, though. Chris Moody tweeted the following:
- Durbin to GOP: Stop acting like ‘squealing political pigs’
- Civility alert: Biden calls Republicans ‘neanderthals’
- HuffPo contributor to Dana Loesch: You’d love to be raped by a ‘brother’
- ‘Waiting to Exhale’ writer: If I ever run into Sarah Palin, ‘I might smack her’
- Top Democrat: Sen. Ted Cruz not a real Hispanic due to his conservative politics
- Bill Richardson: Ted Cruz shouldn’t be called ‘Hispanic’
- SC Dem: Let’s send ‘Nikki Haley back to wherever the hell she came from’
- Civility? Britain’s left parties over Thatcher’s death
- Joan Walsh and the left’s double standard on reporting on presidents’ daughters
- Liberal media’s pathetic sour grapes in re the defeat of the assault weapon ban
- Bill Maher: Bloomberg soda ban sort of thing that ‘makes liberals look bad’