Delta Air Lines announced today a major change to their frequent flyer upgrade program effective in 2014. The new program is slated to begin on March 14, 2014, and will add choice benefits for Medallion members at the Diamond and Platinum levels. The new program creates regional upgrades to complement the existing upgrade levels. The announcement was sent to Platinum and Diamond members by email once the Delta.com website had been updated this afternoon.
According to Delta the new regional upgrades will apply to flights in the continental United States and will be prioritized above the normal upgrade prioritization. All fare codes are eligible.
Choice benefits are provided to frequent flyers once they hit the platinum level and an additional choice benefit is granted when the diamond level is achieved according to the published program benefits.
The new choice benefits being added are:
- Two Global Upgrades or four Regional Upgrades
- Complimentary Global Entry
- Tiffany & Co. premium luggage tag
Frequent flyer programs are designed to create customer loyalty, particularly among business travelers who tend to fly more often.
Delta continues to be the dominant carrier at Detroit Metropolitan Airport carrying 75% of the passengers and 56% of the seating capacity at Flint’s Bishop Airport according to the Centre for Aviation.
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers
- “60 Insights for Mastering Business Development”.
- “8 Pillars of Career and Business Success”.
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”: Follow them and people will follow you.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons. Paperback, Kindle, Apple or Nook.
- “The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results