Yes, I know many of us drink our morning shake like its a right of passage. The nastier the better. "Nuthin' that tastes good could be good fer ya" and all that jazz.
However, in the process of putting hair on my chest and grunting, I have come across a rather nice concoction that is both alkaline, vegan, and quite tasty.
When you look at the ingredients, that may be hard to believe, but give it a try!
- 0.5 cup oatmeal, and the amount of water you want your shake to be. (At least one cup) - ideally, let soak while you're doing your morning workout.
- One piece of multigrain bread (I told you this'd be hard to believe)
- One piece broccoli
- Two large hand fulls of spinach
- A small spoon of chlorella
- A glug or two of chlorophyll
- approximately 5% of the amount of water you used, of pineapple juice
- However much protein powder you enjoy (vanilla, ideally, approximately 30g for morning workout)
- (you can always add ice if you want)
It looks really green, and tastes surprisingly sweet.
The oatmeal is the standard "bulk oatmeal" you can get at nearly any grocery store. Organic if you like.
If you're avoiding carbs you can substitute the bread with 0% greek yogurt, or even a small amount of guava gum.
I'd love to hear your reviews, additions or substitutions for the shake!