Try a quick and easy holiday coleslaw smothered in a homemade pickled dressing with lots of flavor.
Use a mixture of shredded green and red cabbage for color, pickled relish, olive oil for flavor, and any brand of mayonnaise.
1 cup of shredded green cabbage
1 cup of shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of diced red onions
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/2 cup of pickled sweet relish
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of celery seasoning
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar for flavor
1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pack of Saltine, whole wheat, or Ritz crackers
1. Saute garlic and red onions in a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of black pepper.
2. Set ingredients to the side and allow to cool.
1. Toss and mix in green and red cabbage into a large serving bowl.
2. Stir in carrots, relish, sauteed onions and garlic together; add cheese, salt, pepper, celery seasoning, mayonnaise, and red wine vinegar.
3. Toss all ingredients until the mayonnaise and vinegar are completely incorporated.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a refrigerator for thirty minutes to allow flavors to saturate.
5. Place a small bowl on the center of a large serving platter.
6. Neatly arrange crackers around serving dish.
7. Unwrap coleslaw and place just enough into the serving bowl for guests.
8. Top coleslaw on crackers and enjoy.
Use coleslaw as a dressing to make hoagie sandwiches, top on steak, burgers, and hot dogs.