Dinner doesn’t get much better than with this tasty and healthy dish. Using low fat, low sodium and fresh ingredients; you will have a favorable dinner you can add to your diet menu. Lose weight and enjoy what you crave.
1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
12 corn tortillas
1 medium onion, diced
1 1/2 Tbsp dark chili powder
1/2 Tsp group cumin
1 cup thawed frozen corn
1 cup roasted red peppers
1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups cooked short grain brown rice
1 can enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded low fat pepper jack cheese, divided
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 scallion, chopped
6 sprigs fresh cilantro
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees. In a bowl, toss potatoes in 1 Tbsp oil; spread on a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are soft and browned, about 23 minutes.
2. Wrap tortillas in foil; bake 10 minutes. In a large pan over medium heat, heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil.
3. Add onion, chili powder, chipotle and cumin. Cook until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Add corn, peppers, and black beans. Cook for about 4 more minutes.
4. Set aside half of corn mixture. Add potatoes, rice and enchilada sauce to pan. Cook mixture for about 5 minutes.
5. Place 6 tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread potato mixture and 1/2 cup cheese evenly among tortillas. Top with remaining 6 tortillas, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and reserved corn mixture. Bake for about 6 minutes.
6. Divide avocado, scallion and cilantro among enchiladas.