Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Degree Matters website searches for students who took classes in 1994

It's easier than ever for people who were college students as long ago as 1994 to get back in school and not lose those credits. States like Arkansas, Colorado, and North Carolina have made it particularly easy for people who were enrolled in college between 1994 and 2013 to get back on the college track.

If you took college classes as far back as 1994, your state wants you to finish your degree
degree matters colorado

Arkansas, Colorado and Arkansas have "degree matters" websites set up so that those who've earned college credits and are near their associates degree can finish up.

Degree matters websites check a former student's credentials. A student may have several credit hours earned at one institution for example. That student's credits can be recovered. It's a good time to get enrolled in college classes because the 2014 academic school year begins in eight days. The program finds the student's college credits and is able to get the former student back on track to earning an associate's degree.

Earning college credit can start as early as high school where some schools have a concurrent enrollment program set up with its local junior college. The college offers students the opportunity to commute to the college classroom during the typical college weekday schedule. Some high schools have college instructors in high school classroom where students can earn credit hours for college courses. )

Labor market projections of the next five years indicate that 60 percent of US workforce will rely on employees with college degrees by the year 2018.

It's already estimated that full-time employees with college degrees can earn $27,000 a year, more than twice as much as high school grads who average $12,000/year.

The degrees matter website in Arkansas makes no pretense about the current hiring difficulties employers are currently experiencing in the quest to fill job vacancies with candidates who hold college degrees.

60 credit hours equals an associate's degree in Arkansas. So if you've taken courses that were the equivalent of college credit hours, it is worth it to log your name and places of study into the database. Most college courses are worth three (3) credit hours.

If you've taken classes at Pulaski Tech, even if you took that class in the mid 1990s, information about what you studied and how many credit hours you have earned can be found. Go here if you were ever enrolled at Pulaski Tech.

If you were enrolled at Ouachita Tech (College of the Ouachitas) or NPCC (National Park Community College) your information can be retrieved as well from the website. Just watch the video and learn more.

The state has already launched initiatives to award students with sixty or more credit hours the AA degree in the event that student is enrolled in a four year college and pursuing another course of study, or another college degree.

If you're in Arkansas check out the Degree Matters program and see if your college attendance and information is on record.

In North Carolina, Guilford County has its Degrees Matter program set up online as well.

Colorado, typically ranked one of the healthiest states in the nation has a degrees matter program online and ready to enroll residents as well.

If you have taken classes at a community college or a four year institution, you've already made moves toward the college degree.

Degree matters is about helping people finish up with those original goals to get a college degree.

Report this ad