Valentine’s Day is almost here and serving a pretty pink cake is right with the theme of the day. Red and pink are the two colors that remind us of love. We all know that a homemade cake tells your partner that you care. Since many of us have extremely busy schedules making a semi-homemade cake fits into everyone’s limited time slots. Pick up a strawberry flavored cake mix and prepare it according to the box directions. While the cake is cooling start preparing the homemade strawberry frosting. By the time the cake is cool enough to frost the frosting will be ready to spread.
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- 4 – 5 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup of strawberries, chopped
- In a blender mix the butter and 4 cups of sugar together.
- Then add the chopped strawberries and blend thoroughly until the frosting consistency is spreadable.
- If the strawberry frosting is loose add ¼ cup of confectioners’ sugar at a time until it obtains the right texture.
- Transfer the frosting into a medium mixing bowl to make it easier for you to frost the cake.
- Slice the cake in half for a layer cake.
- Slice a few fresh strawberries to garnish the cake top with or just add a whole or sliced strawberry and place it on the side of each plate served.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.