January 27, 2014
Your diet personality decoded:
- Step by Step: You're a "Step by Step" dieter if you want a rules-based program telling you precisely what to do.
- Fitness Focused: If you prefer to use exercise, not calorie-counting, to lose weight, this is your diet personality.
- Emotional Eater: Do you know what to do, but sabotage yourself due to emotional and stress eating? Then this category applies to you.
- Anti-Diet Approach: Want to wing it with your own approach? This is your diet personality.
Now that you know your diet style, the "Today" show's diet and nutrition editor Madelyn Fernstorm recommends the following books matched to your own personality:
- "Step by Step" dieters can benefit from "The One One One Diet: The Simple 1:1:1 Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss." You'll learn how to lose weight by including one protein choice, one carbohydrate choice, and one fat choice at every meal.
- "Fitness Focused" folks can find help with "Sarah Fit: Get Skinny Again!: The Right Exercises to Get Back Your Dream Body and the Secrets to Living a Fit Life." It explains which exercises can provide the most ammunition at battling the bulge.
- Are you an emotional eater? Get guidance from holistic guru Deepak Chopra in "What Are You Hungry For?: The Chopra Solution to Permanent Weight Loss, Well-Being, and Lightness of Soul."
- If you don't believe in diets but want to lose weight, try "The No Excuses Diet: The Anti-Diet Approach to Crank Up Your Energy and Weight Loss."