“We hope everyone that came out tonight had as much fun as we did,” Acting Without Boundaries posted on Facebook after a fabulous night of fundraising hosted by Saks Fifth Avenue in Bala Cynwyd Wednesday night, tweeting “Thank you new and old friends for shopping and supporting AWB.”
Acting Without Boundaries, a non- profit, year-round program that allows children, teens and adults with physical disabilities to focus on their abilities – rather than their disabilities – through acting and performing.
“What an amazing night to benefit a very deserving charity!” shared Renee Patrone of Events by Renee, who expressed her appreciation to the many vendors who pulled together to help such a wonderful cause, including Karen Fabiola Photography, Bella Sogno Events and Design, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Event guests enjoyed an evening of shopping, cocktails, makeovers and holiday fashion, with funds raised from ticket sales and a portion of the proceeds from the shopping to benefit Acting Without Boundaries in their mission, which is:
“Transforming lives and building self-esteem in an empowering community of people with physical disabilities through theater that celebrates ability.
• Challenging perceptions about people with disabilities and their capabilities.
• Producing professional quality theater in nontraditional ways.
• Teaching performing arts skills through year-round programs and workshops that build confidence on-stage and beyond.
• Creating a community of support for people with physical disabilities and their families.
• Giving back to the community through performances and presentations.”