Here we are again. Another month, another set of trivia questions. Remember to tune in every second Thursday of each month and enjoy!
1) Why is Nevada’s slogan “Battle-Born”?
a. It was added to the Union in 1864, during the Civil War
b. It was the result of a big battle in 1872 between northern and southern Utahns
c. It first became a territory of the United States in 1818 after the battle of Lone Feather between the American gold miners the Mohave tribe
d. Nevada was once a popular Aztec stronghold that was buried and forgotten following a bloody battle, only to be resurrected from its ashes when European explorers first found it in the 1700’s
2) What is the 48th state to be added to the Union?
d. New Mexico
3) How much water can burros tolerate to lose before showing signs of dehydration?
a. 30% of their body weight (and that can be replenished in only five minutes of drinking!)
b. Three quarts
c. 10% of their body weight (it would then take an entire day to rehydrate!)
d. Six cups
4) What significant event in 2002 helped contribute to Utah’s growing tourism economy?
a. The capture of LDS church leader and polygamy advocate Warren Jeffs
b. The Winter Olympics
c. The designation of five new national parks
d. The movie “The Fastest Indian” about motorcycle racing on the Great Salt Flats
5) Which Nevada town was named for a Minnesota native who bought the area in 1964 in order to open casinos and all-you-can-eat chicken dinners?
b. Carson City
Scroll down a bit more for the answers
Check out the last few months' trivia questions in the suggested links area