The gun-slinging action and renegade style of justice continues in the Emmy Award-winning FX television series Justified: The Complete Fourth Season. U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens finds himself immersed in a 30-year-old unsolved mystery when he discovers the dead man’s ID in his criminal father’s home. On January 21, 1983, the man had plummeted to his death from a defective parachute. Along with his body, bags of cocaine and the ID had been found on a residential street in Corbin, Kentucky. As Raylan unravels the riddle, information is revealed that could potentially lead to the arrest of a major mob figure. Meanwhile, Boyd Crowder fights to maintain his control over Harlan County. His plans to expand his empire with help from an old army buddy Colton “Colt” Rhodes are thwarted by the arrival of the manipulative Pentecostal preacher Billy St. Cyr who has a penchant for theatrics. While Billy gets everyone hooked on faith, Crowder’s successful drug business is threatened, leading him to make a deal with Wynn Duffy that sends him chasing down leads in the same 30-year-old mystery. The life-or-death suspense escalates as the season progresses, culminating in a brutal finish.
Justified is based on the short story “Fire in the Hole” by crime novelist Elmore Leonard and was developed for television by Graham Yost. It stars Timothy Olyphant as the rugged, old-school U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, along with Walton Goggins as career criminal Boyd Crowder. It also features an exceptional ensemble cast, including Nick Searcy, Joelle Carter, Jacob Pitts and Erica Tazel. Guest stars include Natalie Zea, Raymond J. Barry, David Meunier, Ron Eldard, Joe Mazzello, Mike O'Malley, Patton Oswalt and Lindsay Pulsipher.
DVD and Blu-ray special features include cast and crew commentaries, outtakes and deleted scenes, as well as three additional, all-new featurettes including pieces on Constable Bob, the US war veteran experience through the characters eyes, and a complete anatomy of an episode featuring behind-the-scene footage and all new interviews. Exclusive to Blu-ray are two never-before-seen featurettes that give fans a behind-the-scenes look at how Walton Goggins prepared for his role, as well as an inside look at how an episode is created from the script through the production.
Justified has been renewed for a fifth season and is set to premiere in 2014.
- “Hole in the Wall” - As Raylan investigates a burglary that's uncovered a diplomatic courier's bag hidden in his imprisoned father's house, a new preacher's ministry cuts into Boyd's drug trade.
- “Where’s Waldo?” - Following the murder of an imprisoned Dixie Mafia soldier, Raylan looks for a longtime fugitive whose ID was found inside the diplomatic pouch hidden at Arlo's house. Meanwhile, Boyd suspects both an old nemesis and a new preacher of undermining his drug business.
- “Truth and Consequences” - As Raylan discovers some disturbing truths about his girlfriend Lindsey and her violent ex-husband, Boyd looks to convince a snake-handling preacher and his sister to leave Harlan.
- “The Bird Has Flown” - Raylan enlists Rachel in his pursuit of Lindsey and her jealous ex-husband. Boyd looks to keep Ellen May from ever talking about the crimes she's witnessed.
- “Kin” - Their race to find a long-missing drug courier puts both Raylan and Boyd at odds with a dangerous Harlan hill country clan.
- “Foot Chase” - As Raylan races against time to find a severely injured man who's suspected of being a missing drug courier, Ava and Boyd's search leads them to an upscale Harlan neighborhood's underground sex party.
- “Money Trap” - As Boyd and Ava attend a sex party to look for a missing drug pilot, a fugitive murderer draws Raylan into a showdown.
- “Outlaw” - As Boyd uses the Detroit mob's contract on Drew Thompson to target his own enemies, Raylan's search for the missing drug courier leads him to question Harlan's imprisoned former sheriff.
- “The Hatchet Tour” - Obsessions collide when Raylan's search for Drew Thompson leads him to question the inmate who killed Arlo, while Colt's confession sends Boyd looking for Ellen May.
- “Get Drew” - With his identity exposed, drug pilot Drew Thompson is on the run from Raylan's law enforcement dragnet and Boyd's plan to turn him over to the Detroit mob.
- “Decoy” - After capturing fugitive drug pilot Drew Thompson at Arlo's old house, Raylan must find a way to get him past Boyd and the Detroit mob henchmen who've been sent to stop him.
- “Peace of Mind” - As Boyd learns of his jealous cousin's plan to take over the Crowder crime empire, Raylan looks to keep Drew Thompson talking by reuniting him with Ellen May.
- “Ghosts” - As mobster Nicky Augustine targets Winona in order to convince Raylan to turn over Drew Thompson, Boyd and Ava devise a clever ruse to dispose of a corpse that connects them to a murder.
- Timothy Olyphant as Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens
- Nick Searcy as Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Art Mullen
- Joelle Carter as Ava Crowder
- Jacob Pitts as Deputy U.S. Marshal Tim Gutterson
- Erica Tazel as Deputy U.S. Marshal Rachel Brooks
- Natalie Zea as Winona Hawkins
- Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder
- Jere Burns as Wynn Duffy
- Raymond J. Barry as Arlo Givens
- David Meunier as Johnny Crowder
- Rick Gomez as Assistant U.S. Attorney David Vasquez
- Brent Sexton as Sheriff Hunter Mosley
- Jim Beaver as Sheriff Shelby Parlow/Drew Thompson
- Abby Miller as Ellen May
- Mykelti Williamson as Ellstin Limehouse
- David Andrews as Sheriff Tillman Napier
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Agent Jeremy Barkley
- Max Perlich as Sammy Tonin
- Jenn Lyon as Lindsey Salazar
- Jesse Luken as Jimmy
- Ron Eldard as Colton Rhodes
- Joe Mazzello as Billy St. Cyr
- Gerald McRaney as Josiah Cairn
- Lindsay Pulsipher as Cassie St. Cyr
- Patton Oswalt as Constable Bob Sweeney
- Mike O'Malley as Nick "Nicky" Augustine
- Robert Baker as Randall Kusik
- Brian Howe as Arnold
- Chris Chalk as Jody Adair
DVD Special Features:
- 10 Cast & Crew Commentaries
- Deleted Scenes
- Deadly Serious: Constable Bob - Patton Oswalt discusses one of the great characters from Season 4: Constable Bob.
- Anatomy of An Episode - Combines interviews with the cast, crew & writers, as well as in-scene audio commentary & behind-the-scenes footage using picture-in-picture style for the ultimate Justified experience.
- The Veteran's Experience - From Boyd to his new sidekick Colt to Arlo Givens & Tim Gutterson, the creative forces of Justified have made a point of highlighting the US war veteran experience. Hear from the writers & actors about the characters' back stories & the research they did with veterans.
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- Becoming Boyd - Walton Goggins discusses the evolution of Boyd Crowder throughout the seasons.
- Script to Screen: The Finale - Track the script as the writers develop and revise the story, and then go on set for a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the final episode.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.