The slow cooker recipe allows plenty of time to prepare, serve and enjoy dinner while dessert is baking. Yum!
Decadent slow cooker lava cake
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute than increase to medium speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer batter to greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon pudding over cake batter.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out with moist crumb covering.
- Serve warm.
Serves 6 to 8.