For a quick and easy gift, how about decorated chocolate covered pretzel rods? This couldn't be easier and can be customized for the season or recipient. All you need is melted chocolate, pretzel rods, assorted sprinkles and nuts, and some wax paper to dry the pretzels on.
Have everything assembled before you begin to melt the chocolate, since you want to be able to give it your full attention. Melting it in a double boiler works well as it controls the heat.
Some ideas for decorations include chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candy canes, sprinkles in holiday colors, melted white chocolate to drizzle, m and ms, the list goes on and on.
Pretzel rods work better than the pretzel sticks due to their strength.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Dip the pretzel rods part way into the melted chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle the decorations on before the chocolate hardens.
- Place on wax paper to dry, or stand upright into glasses.
- Once dry, package several pretzel rods into food grade plastic bags.
- Tie bags closed with a festive bow or curling ribbon.