Deadliest Catch greenhorn Joshua Tel Warner arrested for 3 bank robberies

warner.jpg

(AP Photo/Eugene, Ore., Police)

The Register-Guard reports that police in East Peoria arrested 23-year-old Joshua Tel Warner Wednesday night on a traffic stop, while he was a passenger in a car. It was a routine stop, Sgt. Brian Despines said, and when the officer entered Warner’s information into a computer, the Lane County arrest warrant appeared and he was taken into custody.

According to Oregon Live, Detective Jeff Donaca, who is investigating the case, said the suspect tripped up by slipping into the limelight on the popular show, aired on the Discovery Channel.

“What an incredibly stupid thing to do, to commit a bank robbery, then go on a national TV show and make a spectacle of yourself and then come home and commit two more bank robberies,” Donaca said. “He should be on the ‘Dumbest Criminal’ show.”

"He told somebody, 'Now that I've been on national TV, something from my past may come back to get me,'" Donaca said.

With that tip, the detective dug into unsolved bank robberies in Eugene and found video indicating the same man robbed Washington Mutual in 2007.

He was held on $30,000 bail in the Tazewell County Jail

The warrant charges him with one bank robbery in 2007 and two in 2009.

Comments

• bozo jones 4 years ago

hey i think hes kool. i mean bank robbery is like da koolest.
    Isnt it?

• peg falkenhayn 4 years ago

Those men do have the dealdiest job. I hope, because I'm a devoted fan. That, this has no effect on my favorite show

• Det. parlov 4 years ago

you're an idiot if you think hes kool...Hes a criminal and a stupid one at that and your name fits you perfectly you bozo!!!!!

• metalbigman 4 years ago

RETARD!! If you are going to commit a high profile crime. The last thing you want to do is be in the worlds eye. Going on a show that is viewed by millions.With cameras on you 24 hours a day, right after you just committed a bank robbery.Sure stupidity. You deserve everything you get.

• joshiesauntie 3 years ago

I really wish you all could know the messed up life this kid had. from beating to fending off an abusive older brother. parents who thought about themselves instead of their children. God will forgive him and you all should be so luck to have lives that you love. I know he is hurting and just looking to be noticed by someone. maybe that is why he went on a TV program and robbed those banks. I tried to help him more then once but the damage was already done. I LOVE YOU BUDDY!!!!!

• steve 3 years ago

blame everything bad that happens in your life on your childhood! this concept is a joke!! millions of people have had bad childhoods..they dont rob banks... steal..kill etc... i cant stand when some scumbag lawyer sits in court and blames a bad childhood!!! grow up and live life!! move on and dont steal/rob... this kid robs a bank and goes on a show!! i bet his parents made him do it! doubt it he is just stupid!