A woman’s dismembered remains were found Tuesday morning, stuffed into garbage bags scattered across multiple Bronx locations. Her son has been arrested in connection with the crime, CBS New York reports.
Bashid McClean, 23, is under arrest and being questioned in connection with the death of his mother, 45-year-old Tanya Byrd. The woman’s remains were discovered around 4:30 a.m. by a man out walking his dog. The dog was attracted to the scent of “meat” emanating from one of the bags. When the dog’s owner investigated, he received an unexpected shock and phoned 911.
The body parts had been secreted inside heavy-duty plastic garbage bags, which in turn had been stuffed into duffel bags. Remains treated in a similar fashion were found in at least four different locations. One bag contained a leg and an arm. A portion of a torso with shoulders was found in another. A head was found in a third bag.
Police are interviewing witnesses and searching for surveillance video. Some witnesses told police they saw the bags being dropped off overnight by an individual in an SUV.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- Mom who killed infants admits to having left a third on a deserted road to die
- NYC 8-year-old’s dismembered remains found in trash and refrigerator (Updated)
- Wal-Mart seeks felony indictment against worker who stole a few cookies
- 9th Circuit Appeals Court upholds inmate lawsuit demanding Wiccan chaplain
- 9-year-old dies after being forced to run nonstop for 3 hours as punishment
- Brooklyn mother abandons daughters, 3 and 5, on sidewalk, drives off (Update)
- Mom drives car into Hudson, kills self, 3 children (Video)
- Pot-smoking mother who murdered children claims devil told her to do it
- Woman mistakenly pursued by bloodthirsty mob plunges to her death
- Man who incinerated woman in elevator: ‘She owed me $2,000’
- Woman dies after being set on fire in apartment building elevator
- Homeless man described as “gentle” beaten to death by police (Video)
- Homeless good samaritan killed while saving a mugging victim