The twelfth annual Homeland Security Conference, "Securing the Homeland: Working Together, Keeping the Nation Safe", will be hosted at the Grand Hyatt Washington, Washington, DC. The conference is managed by AFCEA and will be held 26-28 February. The conference will be attended by government and industry leaders, CIOs, and program managers involved in operations, policy and procurement.
The Keynote Speakers include:
• Mr. Rand Beers , Under Secretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security
• Gen Michael V. Hayden , USAF (Ret.), Principal, the Chertoff Group, Former Director, Central Intelligence Agency
• Mr. John Fass Morton , Author, Next Generation Homeland Security: Network Federalism and the Course to National Preparedness
• Mr. J. Alan Orlob , Vice President, Global Safety and Security, Marriott International
This year there will be several roundtable discussions. They will focus on Chief Information Officers, Procurement Executives, and Collaboration when Disaster Strikes.
The panel sessions will cover best practices in securing the cloud, critical infrastructure protection, secure information-sharing, emergency management, and biometrics/identity management. Additionally, sessions will concentrate on critical cyber and homeland security cross-over issues, including situational awareness, training and education, the energy sector, and privacy and security conflicts. Panelists include federal, state and local government officials as well as industry experts.
On Tuesday, 26 February, AFCEA Small Business will host a Partnership Symposium and matchmaking session at the Conference. Symposium presentations will focus on connecting small business and primes to discuss partnering and teaming opportunities.
The 80 exhibitors at the conference will showcase the latest homeland security technologies, including communications equipment, emergency response systems, network and information security, and more. Exhibitors will display products and solutions for law enforcement, federal government, military, and commercial applications. The exhibits are open to the public (on-site registration required); there is a registration fee to attend the speakers and panel sessions.
This article was taken in part from a press release by AFCEA.
Upcoming Events & Information Request
Do you have an upcoming event or information that would interest the Lancaster Prepper community? If so, please email Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman at email@example.com.
Subscribe to get free, instant updates on prepping on Examiner.com
• Are you on Facebook? Follow Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman.
• Tweet me @jeanne_eckman.
• Feel free to leave comments below