If you live in Las Vegas you probably heard something about the Life is Beautiful Festival. This two day festival which included art, education, food, music, and so much more left a lasting impression on many. Was it good enough impression on Las Vegas to come back next year? Only time will tell. The Life is Beautiful Festival ended its inaugural weekend on Sunday, October 27 with an action-packed day featuring top musicians, chefs, artists and speakers. The festival culminated with a highly anticipated performance by Las Vegas natives The Killers.
Life is Beautiful Festival made history with its unprecedented 15-bock footprint, and highly curated lineup of talented music, food, art and learning.
Below is a list of highlights from day 2 of the Life is Beautiful Festival!
Highlights of the festival include:
- · Haim packed the Huntridge Stage at the band’s first Las Vegas show.
- · Jurassic 5 arrived in a motorcycle-drawn carriage.
- · Janelle Monáe covered The Jackson 5’s “I Want you Back.”
- · Vampire Weekend made a stop at Atomic, the oldest bar in Las Vegas, before their set which began with “Sunday Morning,” as a tribute to rock legend Lou Reed.
- · Empire of the Sun was seen smashing a guitar on stage, also in homage of Lou Reed.
- · Festival attendees lined up to hear a highly inspirational speech by Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh
- · “Chefs on Stage” demonstrations featured chef/ musician collaborations, such as:
o Chef Bruce Bromberg with Vernon Reid of Living Colour
o Chef Scott Conant with singer ZZ Ward
- · Celebrity sightings included:
o Pasquale Rotella and Holly Madison
o Pauly Shore
o Christopher Mintz-Plasse
o Mayor Carolyn Goodman
- · Day 2 Headliner and hometown sensations “The Killers” performed their new single “Shot At The Night” for the first time live.