With national love day 7 days away, men are on pins and needles as to what to buy their favorite girl. Honestly, women are also on pins and needles as they impatiently anticipate yet another round of returning the tried and true, non thinking man’s gifts to the store.
I know it sounds ungrateful, but men, these are 5 gifts not to give us as a sign of your love on Valentine’s Day. By now, men should know that household appliances are never okay to give, unless of course it comes with a maid to tend to them. But, since this day comes once a year, this is just a friendly reminder of what not to buy us on this particular day. Otherwise these gifts are perfectly acceptable the other 364 days out of the year.
- Lingerie – as well as not being very original, it also screams SEX.
- Flowers – another non-original thought, besides you spend all of that money and they die in a week.
- Candy – after the holidays we are most likely dieting, candy is not exactly encouraging us to stay on track.
- Balloons – emblazoned with I LOVE U, looks cute, but it’s trite.
- Stuffed animals – as much as I love stuffed animals, today is not the day to give me one.
Ladies, let’s keep it real, if he is only showing you love and affection one day out of the year, your relationship has definite problems that one day will not fix. However, for those who have the attentive man who may gift you the items mentioned throughout the year as a ‘just because’ then you ladies are ahead of the curve.
Listen Valentine’s Day is a day to show love to everyone in your circle, so men send you mom, sisters, aunts, grandmother flowers, your daughter’s and nieces stuffed animals, share the candy with the women in your office, and save the lingerie for that surprise weekend getaway with just the two of us.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
Saundra aka SassyScribe